Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome to "My Blog is Green"

Thanks, Mark, for the title!

One of my (many) New Year's resolutions was to write more, so here it is. Let's see how long I can keep up with it. My plan for this blog is to use it to write about books, movies, music (if I can find any new music worth listening to) and everyday rants and raves. I may even have an occasion poll or opinion question.

Now, why did I choose blogspot when I have a myspace, a facebook, and the original blog, LJ?
  • Everyone else is doing it
  • Some people are here, some are there, now everyone can find me in one spot...if they want to.

Now, I don't want the title to be too misleading. I will not be constantly shoving environmental issues down your throat. "Myblogisgreen" came from my email address "mybugisgreen" which was named after the green VW beetle that was murdered by an idiot who ran a red light. That doesn't mean that I will never talk about the environment...it just means it won't be the main topic of discussion. This blog will be green though, because I am not using paper to write it, nor gas to drive my messages to you.

Here's my first question for my soon to be loyal audience:

What are you hoping I will discuss in my blog?

5 comments:

  1. What a totally awesome name for your blog. Well, in keeping with the your blogs name and the whole new years resolution thing. I am trying to live more earth friendly. We've set up recycle bins in the house and in the backyard I built a worm composter. (sounds gross, and it is, but it's really cool). I know there's a lot more we can do, but hey it's a start. So anyways maybe a good discussion could be plans for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! a blog from Carrie! i'm excited about your blog...look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited too! I've been praying for this day.I don't even care what you write about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, let's see. The internet is really really great... I know! Write about Porn! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second the porn comment!

    ReplyDelete