Friday, January 30, 2009

House of the Scorpion


I just finished reading House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. It was in the Young Adult/Teen section of my local library. My librarian recommended it to me. I loved it! I thought it was a very good book. I would describe it as a cross between Holes and The Giver. It's set in the future on the border of the United States and Mexico, and has become it's own country run by a 100+year old opium drug lord, El Patrón. The story is about El Patrón’s clone, Matt, who is raised by one of El Patrón’s servants. The book is separated into large sections. I would have been happy if it had ended before the last section, but the story kept going! Now I wouldn’t mind one more section to read. I recommend reading it, when you’re not reading Twilight!

2 comments:

  1. hey we have that at work and i loved the giver! i'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, you have to tell me all about it when you're reading it!

    ReplyDelete