Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Confederacy of Dunces


I just finished reading A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole, and I have many mixed feelings about it. I loved it and hated it all at the same time. It's very well written, and definitly deserving of the Pulitzer Prize, and all the "you must read or you're an idiot" book lists. I can imagine the same characters walking around New Orleans today. I even feel smarter now because I can say that I read it. But for some reason, about 3/4ths of the way through the book, I just wanted it to be over. I was tired of the nasty slob of the main character. I was ready for everything to be wrapped up. Now I wish I could read all about the characters adventures that they have after the book...if it were in a second book...and after I take a break and read something else. Now I have to decide what book to read next. I have so many on my "to read" list, including the second Twilight book (I'm trying to take my time reading Twilight, so it won't be over too quickly). I probably should read the book I checked out from the library, The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. It was in the teen section, and it was reccommended by my CES librarian.

What are you reading? What do you think should I read next?

1 comment:

  1. i'm reading a book called The Monsters of Templeton and i think you would like it too.

    ReplyDelete