
Saturday night I went to my mother-in-laws because her birthday was also this week. My brother-in-law made some awesome shrimp cooked with onions and garlic and a side of Mexican rice. It was awesome! They had a spicy version, but he made a special one for me, since I'm a wimpy gringa. Now, it is their tradition that the birthday person bites the cake, while his or her loved ones smash their face into the cake. My first birthday with them, they got me real good. They were nice to mom at first...that is until the boys got drunk. They were smashing icing all over each other. I'm glad I missed out on that part. Later on in the evening, they all started singing "Happy Birthday" to me. My brother in laws were carrying what was left of the cake, acting like they were going to smash it on me, but my the girls wouldn't let them. My mother in law gave me a large, very pretty, black purse. My sister in law gave me a memory foam pillow. I love them. Sunday I was pretty lazy. Felix gave me shopping money for my birthday. I haven't done any real shopping in a very long time. I did a little shopping on Sunday. I bought a watch, which I've needed for awhile. On Monday, MLK day, and my official birthday, Felix had to work. I went to Panera Bread for brunch and had a whole grain bagel and my favorite hazelnut coffee. Then I spent from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Galleria shopping. I loved every moment! I bought some earrings, a lime green opera wallet, two shirts, some black tights, a bare essentials (make up) starter kit, some Victoria's Secret lipstick, and some Godiva chocolate. The whole time I was thinking about how much I wanted a big pretzle with cheese, but when I finally got it, I was a little dissappointed. It seemed over cooked and skinny. Felix and I got home about the same time, and we went to Ross find him something to wear to dinner. All I knew was that we had reservations at 5:30 and we were dressing up. He looked so handsome in his new black pants and dress shirt. I also found a new pair of shoes to wear. He took me to La Dolce Vita, a very nice, small, Itallian restaurant in Hoover. It was yummy! I will be eating left overs for the next two days. We thought about going to a movie after, but it was so cold, and we had left the dog outside, so we decided to go back home and warm up. It was a very nice day. I hated to go back to work today, but I'm thankful for a short week! I'm only working two days this week because I'll be at the AL Music Ed Assoc. Conference Thursday and Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment