Monday, February 2, 2009

my weekend

  • Friday night I spent the entire night from, like 7:00-11:00ish on the internet (mostly FB) and listening to music. I'm such a dork.
  • Saturday I went with Tiffani to the Chinese New Year Celebration. Brian met us there. It took forever to find parking (I'll rant about this later), the food was just OK, and the booths were not that great. Overall, I was not too impressed. I did get my name written in Chinese for free!
  • Saturday afternoon/evening I had to help with the stupid beauty pageant. I had a nice time griping with the other teachers that did not want to be there. We spent most of the time waiting around.
  • Saturday night we had carne asada at my in-laws. I was late to it, thanks to the beauty pageant. But I at really good, and I played with mis sobrinos. I love them sooooo much, I wanted to take one home with me!
  • Sunday we were lazy all morning. Felix brought kolaches (he stayed at mamas, cuz he was muy boracho), we watched movies. We tried to go to the flea market, but it was such a pretty day that all of Bess'muh was there, and we spent more time trying to park and get out of the parking lot than we actually did looking around. Next we went to the Mexican store and ate tortas and bought snacks. Then on to Lowes where we decided that we didn't want to spend the money to put in hardwood floors in the house we're trying to sell, so we are going to try to find the same vinyl that we have to replace the messed up part in the hallway.
  • Sunday night, most awesome Super Bowl Game ever! Now, I'm not an NFL fan, and I wasn't even pulling for either team. I guess I should have pulled for AZ since I lived there for awhile, but I thought Pittsburgh deserved it more by the way they were playing. The game was very entertaining and there were some unbelievable plays! I did not like all the "unsportsman like conduct." You call yourself a professional? You get paid how much? Someone needs some anger management.

3 comments:

  1. wait, Felix bought kolaches....in B'ham?!

    how did I not know you could get kolaches in Bham? I had to move to Houston to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And good kolaches too. MMMMMM. Mighty good. Your week sounded a lot better than mine. I was at a military course at Ft Deven, MA. My schedule for the last two weeks was:
    1. Get up, shower, make my bunk up, go eat breakfast
    2. Go to class till 11:30, then go to lunch
    3. Go back to class till 4:30, then go eat supper, then go to my barracks and either study or go to the dayroom and watch TV
    4. Get up the next morning and repeat steps 1, 2, 3, and 4.

    I was on a plane during the SuperBowl, so didn't watch the game, but I'm not big into football either, so no big deal.

    All the Mexican food sounds great. I had some great food in Mexico City and Cuarnevaca when I went two years ago. The restaurants around here aren't even close.
    Oh well, I think I have bored you enough. Love your writing and you are awesome.
    Shaun

    ReplyDelete