Bella is stupid and depressed and suicidal and I like Jacob and she should totally make out with him, but Edward's back and we love him and...whatever! I never said I would be any good at my book reviews. I do still love the "love" in the book. The absolute, unconditional love that the vampires have for each other. When Alice and Jasper see each other again after the trip...they are just so in love, and will be for hundreds of years!
There are so many people that I know that are Twilight haters, and I understand. It really isn't the best writing ever, but neither am I. I even found grammar mistakes. I am in no way the grammar police. But it's a great book for it's entertainment, not it's literature. I have 5th grade students who are reading and loving and re-reading these books, and we are having conversations about them! 5th graders, talking to me, about books! Something must be right about it! I know I've said this before, but it has truly reignited my love for reading. I can't stop reading! I just put the book down, and I'm ready to start another book right now! I just don't know what book I should read yet. I don't want to read the third book just yet. I'm trying to take my time, even seem to devour each book. I want to read another book or two before reading the third book. I'd like to wait and read it after I see the second movie, but I just don't know if I can wait that long.
Someone suggest the next book I should read. I have a few books that I picked up at the Thrift Store (my favorite place to buy books super cheap), but I don't really know much about them, just that they're popular: Lovely Bones, The Friday Night Knitting Club, A Million Little Pieces (I know all about the controversy), and I don't remember what else. Any suggestions? Anyone? Please? Thank you for reading.
I liked A Million Little Pieces. I recently read a YA book called Hunger Games -- you might like it. Did you ever read Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro?
ReplyDelete