Thursday, April 2, 2009

baby shower

This Saturday I went to a baby shower where I was the only non-Spanish speaker there.  It was a little awkward.  My sister-in-laws translated for me and made sure I knew what was going on.  There were lots of games to play, and I was able to participate in them.  My husband's ex-girlfriend was there, which I thought would be really awkward, but she was very nice.  We were friends by the end of the night.  After all the games, the food, and the presents, and things started to wind down, the ladies started telling their birthing stories...in Spanish.  I looked around the room and noticed that, not only was I the only Gringa, but I was the only one who hadn't had a baby, or was big and pregnant.   Too many people that I know (2 is too many) got pregnant while using condoms.  I told Felix, "I know how we can get pregnant!  We should start using condoms!"

No comments:

Post a Comment