Last night Felix and I went to the movies. We left around 9:00 for a 9:35 show. When we got back, we were talking about the bugs that look like gigantic
mosquitoes that are attracted by the light at the front door. One always comes in with us, and Poncho always gets it for us. So we go in and expect to see Poncho right away attacking this bug. We couldn't find him. We searched the entire house many times and could not find him. We searched every hiding place imaginable, but no Poncho. We thought that maybe he snuck out while we were leaving, so we start looking around the neighborhood in the dark. We walked the street, then drove around, and checked the house in between. Then it started lightening and raining, so we knew he would probably be taking shelter under a car. We drove around our
neighborhood and the one behind us looking under cars and front porches. We still didn't find him. I was trying to hold back the tears, and by 1:30 am I was exhausted. We decided to go to bed and we'd put fliers up in the morning. At 7:00 this morning, I woke up to what sounded like a cat crying. I got up and looked out the back door, but didn't see anything. I opened the front door, and Poncho walks in! It's raining outside and he's not even wet, except for a little wet on his tail! What a good cat to know to come home and cry at the front door! I really hope he learned not to sneak out again. I wish he could just tell me where he was all night! Maybe someone came into our house when we were gone and stole him. Then they realized what a pain in the ass he is and brought him back. Poncho sure is sweet today!
No comments:
Post a Comment