After rehearsal I went to the doctor and they gave me a steroid shot in the booty, so now I'm all awake and washing dishes and crazy shit! I am taking tomorrow off so maybe I can do what the doctor says after giving you a steriod shot...rest. Hahahah! Right.
I'm finally getting floors! Originally I called Empire because they've been around forever and they're jingle is catchy (call 588-2300 Empire - today!). I get an in home estimate and a sales guy comes in with these great samples and we pick 3 that we like and he gives me this price. I don't know anything about floors, so I trust the guy, even though it was higher than I hoped. I planned to go ahead with it, and I was going to get 0% financing with them, so he calls whoever to get me an Empire credit card, and for some reason they couldn't give me an answer right away. What happened to instant credit? I mean, come on. My credit is great, what is there to think about? So we put everything off until I hear from the credit people, he gives me an Empire bobblehead and leaves. About a week later I get a Empire credit card in the mail. Then I dont' do anything for another week. I finally call the Empire sales guy and he tells me that he doesn't work for Empire anymore and that they closed their Birmingham office. Um, OK. Nevermind then. So, last week, I call another floor place, ISSIS and sons. Their quote is $1500 cheaper than Empire! I guess I really should have shopped around. Now I'm finally getting floors! Woo hoo!!! Doggies can stop ruining my carpet and maybe I'll quit breaking my vaccum cleaners!
I feel super guilty about not working tomorrow. I always feel super guilty, even if I have the best reason ever. Just because I might do something other than lie in bed and feel miserable for part of the day.
Rocky and Jack are still really good. Rocky is such a good, well behaved dog! I'm trying to give Rocky the same attention he got before Jack, because he's such a sweet boy! Jack doesn't like to cuddle. He's too wiggly. Rocky is big cuddly Teddy bear. I worry that Jack is hearing us discipline Rocky and learning to ignore it. I don't know how to train a brand new baby. He's great at walking right now, as long as we don't put the leash on him. He'll follow behind Rocky. It's so cute, but we keep tripping over him. He'll run and run and try to keep up with Rocky, that you'd think he'd get tired, but he won't let me carry him. If I try to carry him, he tries to wiggle out and just wants to run with Rocky some more. It makes our walks pretty slow.
I really want to go to bed now, but I can't stay still! I guess I'll go clean something and then maybe take a bath. I wonder if I can focus long enough to read my Oprah magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment